Founded in 1988 as an initially European community of academic and corporate institutions and evolving into a worldwide alliance in 2008, CEMS is dedicated to educating and preparing future generations of global business leaders to enter into the multilingual, multicultural and interconnected business world through the CEMS Master’s in International Management (CEMS MIM).
Nova SBE is the exclusive Portuguese member school within the alliance, which currently totals 30 academic members, over 74 corporate partners and 7 social partners (NGOs), and has been delivering the CEMS MIM in conjunction with its Masters in Economics, Finance and Management since the 2009-10 academic year.
To date, Nova has successfully introduced 2 corporate partners into the alliance, who work in close collaboration with students and faculty to bring a real-life business component into all aspects of the curriculum. They are: EDP and Millennium bcp.
Benefits of CEMS membership for Nova SBE and Nova SBE students:
- The exclusive global cooperation platform between top business schools, leading multinational companies and NGOs
- Provides a select group of the best international students with the know-how and expertise needed to succeed in the new global business environment
- Valuable professional and personal contacts through a close community
CEMS in numbers (as of December 2016)
30 member schools from 4 continents
74 corporate partners and 7 social partners
12 000 alumni of 85 nationalities, working in 75 countries
CEMS awards for Nova SBE
- CEMS Club of the Year 2015 – CEMS Club Lisbon
- CEMS Course of the Year 2015 – “Negotiation Strategy”, Professor Luís Almeida Costa
- Block Seminar of the Year 2014 & 2015 – “From Creativity to Innovation”, Prof. Nadim Habib
- Business Project of the Year 2013 – “Optimal Capital Structure and Liquidity Levels”, with EDP - Energias de Portugal, S.A.
- Exclusive Course of the Year 2010 & 2012 - “Applied Corporate Government”, Prof. José Neves Adelino
- School of the Year 2010 & 2011
- CEMS Club of the Year 2009 – CEMS Club Lisbon