- Who can apply to Nova Masters?
- Do I need to have prior professional experience?
- Is there an age limit?
- What is the difference between a Nova Masters program and an MBA?
- When can I apply?
- How do I apply?
- Do I have to pay to apply?
- Do I have to pay to enrol?
- How do I pay the Tuition Fees?
- Do I need an official transcript of records to apply?
- What is the minimum GPA for admission?
- I did not complete one undergraduate course. Can I apply anyway?
- Do I need GMAT or GRE to apply?
- Do I need an English certificate to apply?
- How do I withdraw?
- If I am accepted, may I defer my admission?
- How do I request an invoice for a third party that is responsible for my tuition fee payments?
- Can I transfer from my Masters to a Masters at Nova?
- Is the program taught in English?
- Do I need to speak Portuguese?
- Can I study Portuguese during the program?
- What should I do if I have a doubt about completing the online application form?
- I cannot upload a document. What should I do?
- Can I change my application or add documents after submission?
- Can I apply for the CEMS MIM by itself?
- Do I need to already be admitted in one of the Nova Masters to apply for the CEMS MIM?
- What are the language requirements for the CEMS MIM?
- If I start the Masters in February, when can I start the CEMS MIM?
- To whom can I ask specific questions on the CEMS MIM?
- I’m interested in one of Nova’s international tracks. When do I apply?
- When can I go on exchange?
Nova SBE Masters are open to candidates from any Bachelor program. They must have an undergraduate degree equivalent to a Bachelor's degree.
Professional experience is NOT a requirement to be admitted to a Nova Masters. Applicants with over 2 years’ professional experience should consider applying for an MBA.
Yes. Students must be under 26 years old.
Our Masters programs are pre-experience, for students with less than 2 years of professional experience and under 26 years old. This means that the program is a continuation of undergraduate studies, preparing students for the work market with the help of the Career Management Office and with a class of students averaging 21/22 years old.
Applications for the Masters Program usually run from February to May, except for the Double Degree (February to March).
- Click here: masters.novasbe.unl.pt/applications
- Complete the online application form
- If necessary, a Skype interview will be requested
- You will receive an answer by email within a maximum of 6 weeks of your application submission
Yes, you will be requested to pay an enrolment fee of €51.
Yes, you will be requested to pay a non-refundable enrolment fee of €1000 for the Masters in Management/Economics/Finance. Enrolment in the International Programs (Double Degree and CEMS MIM programs) becomes effective after the payment of an additional €1500 non-refundable fee, to be deducted from the total tuition fee.
The tuition fees are charged in identical instalments per semester, except for the first one because the enrolment fee will be deducted from the first instalment. The first instalment will be due on 15 July, 2017. The remaining two instalments will be due on 15 February and 15 September 2018, respectively.
If you have not yet finished your undergraduate studies you do not need the official transcript. However, if accepted, you will need to deliver it to the Masters Office no later than the beginning of the program.
We have no established minimum GPA and do not admit by GPA alone. We conduct a full review of all applications, in which GPA is one of many several factors in your CV.
Yes you can, but you will have to finish this course during the first semester of your Masters.
No, the GMAT or GRE are not necessary. However if you have taken the test you can add the results as an additional document to your application.
No, proof of English proficiency is not mandatory but candidates are encouraged to provide evidence of English language proficiency at level B2. For CEMS MIM candidates, advanced level English language proficiency is required. Check www.cems.org for details.
Please note that students who defer their admission will be subject to the tuitions in place at that time.
No, transfers at Masters level are not accepted.
Yes, all Nova Masters are entirely taught in English, including class work, exams, and support materials and the work projects.
No, Portuguese language knowledge is not required to be admitted.
Nova SBE offers basic level Portuguese language courses.
No. After you submit your application, you may no longer change your record, but you will still be able to log in to view your submitted application.
No, you cannot. The CEMS MIM is a joint program in conjunction with one of the Nova Masters.
No, you apply for the CEMS MIM program at the same time as you apply for the Nova Masters. You will need to submit two applications forms: the Nova Application Form and the CEMS MIM Application Form available at cems.org/selection, under “Portugal”. However, you will only be called for CEMS MIM assessment once admitted to a Nova Masters.
- TOEFL iBT minimum score –100
- IELTS minimum score – 7.0
- CPE minimum grade of C
- CAE minimum grade of B
- BEC Higher minimum grade of B
- Have passed one of the CEMS-accredited local English exams
- A-level GCSE issued in Singapore
- University degree taught entirely in English and validated by the CEMS Office
Those entering in February of a given year can only start the MIM year in September of the following year, leaving a gap semester in which you can do, for example, the international internship.
Applications for international tracks are made at the same time as the regular Masters application. Please keep in mind that at this stage we will only ask if you are interested in one of our international tracks. After admission to Nova, the selection processes for an Exchange, Double Degree, and CEMS MIM.
On your third semester. In addition to the regular program, the exchange program requires an additional semester.